Unless you are oblivious to all things social media, you know that Instagram just rolled out a new feature called Instagram Stories. Yes, it’s a ripoff of Snapchat, but it is better. It is so much better that we believe beauty professionals should be using it to grow their businesses.
Instagram Stories allows you to post a series of photos and videos throughout the day that will disappear after 24 hours. Followers will get to see your daily routine as a beauty professional as well as an instant portfolio of your work. Your story will show up at the top of your followers’ newsfeeds in the form of a colorful circle around your profile picture. They just need to tap your profile pic to view your story. You can even save your story so it becomes a part of your grid.
How It Works
To create a story, tap the + in the top left of Instagram or swipe right from the news feed. Then, tap the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take photos or tap and hold to record a video. Click here for a complete guide on how to use Instagram Stories.
Here are 5 ways beauty professionals can use Instagram Stories.
- Show quick tutorials. Offer trade tips on your most popular styles or services. Always include your Veerlon website where clients can book an appointment.
- Present immediate and positive client reviews. For example, after you have completed a client’s hair, show off your finished work. Have the client give you a quick review right in the chair.
- Show a day in the life of a beauty professional. As you go to various beauty events, meet with clients or perform your professional services, let followers get to know you. Give them a behind-the-scenes look into your beauty world.
- Offer promotions. Make your promotions exclusive by offering them to your Instagram followers only or to everyone who views your story. You will be able to see who has viewed your stories using Instagram’s analytics.
- Highlight your areas of expertise. Are you the best colorist in town? Are you known for your barber skills? Show off your portfolio. Remember to include a link to your Veerlon website so followers can book appointments.
Veerlon wants to see how you will use Instagram Stories to grow your beauty business. Share your stories with us.
Latest posts by Vonna Matthews (see all)
- How Beauty Professionals Should Be Using the New Instagram Stories - August 15, 2016